MEDIATION CLIENT FEEDBACK
Feedback from a Senior Housing Officer. We asked them what worked well, they said "promptness of your contact". We also asked them if they would use us again and recommend us, they said "Yes" and that they rated our service 5/5.
Feedback from a Compliance Officer, working in a Local Authority, following closure of a noise nuisance case. We asked them what worked well - "I was particularly impressed with how I was kept up to date at all times. This was really helpful in quite a sensitive matter". We also asked them what we could do to improve our service - "Northing, I thought it was excellent" - and for any other comments - " .. thank you for helping me find a way through quite a challenging matter".
Feedback from a Local Authority Anti Social Behaviour Officer following closure of a neighbour dispute referral. We asked them what worked well - "Communication and updates, and a positive outcome" and for any other comments "Excellent work – well done!
Feedback from a Community Safety Officer regarding our service - "The service was fast, responsive and hopefully provided a long lasting solution to a problem that has been difficult to resolve".
Feedback from a neighbour who took part in a mediation referral we received following reports of noise nuisance complaints - "the ladies I met were very professional and good at their jobs"
More great feedback from a Neighbourhood Officer following complaints of noise nuisance - “mediation gave the tenants confidence to speak to each other without further intervention” & they said our service was “very efficient” & they were "kept informed at every stage".
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Officer following an agreement reached between two neighbours over an access / right of entry dispute - "It is very positive to hear that both parties have been able to reach an agreement, despite longstanding issues".
Feedback from a neighbour following a shuttle mediation meeting - "you did a very professional job, you let me talk and state my case ... thank you both for respecting my voice and giving me time to explain. You listened in a very professional way".
Feedback from neighbour who took part in a mediation - the mediators "..... put me at ease straight away as I was very nervous. They were empathetic and understanding. Couldn't have wished for a better service. Thank you so much."
Feedback from a housing association - on following up the case 6 months after closure we asked if there had been any further contact / complaints from the neighbours. The answer was NO. They also went on to say "Excellent result. All seems to have calmed down and no further issues reported".
Feedback regarding our community conference service from a local authority - we asked what we could do to improve our service, they said "Nothing! All was great" When asked what worked well, they said "the swiftly arranged joint meeting with all parties where a suitable agreement was reached". They also said YES they would use our service again / recommend us and that they were kept well informed of progress.
CONFLICT COACHING CLIENT FEEDBACK
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Officer when we followed up 6 months after the case closed - "I've not had any further contact from xx - the fact that she hasn't been in touch again shows that the situation has improved".
Feedback from a client following closure of her case - "I'm very grateful for the support I have received from Julie which has been much appreciated"
Feedback on our service from a client - "My visits from Solution Talk did me the world of good. The ladies really helped me through my bad times".
Feedback from a Housing Officer who referred a tenant for conflict coaching - "Having an impartial party liaising with the tenant which helped them to look at the situation in a different way which in turn helped them respond differently".
Feedback on our service from a client - "Thank you so much for your time and efforts. Thank you for making me finally believe that myself and family are not nightmare neighbours". And from the referring officer - "Very happy that you were able to improve how the party felt about the situation. A big THANK YOU".
Feedback from a Conflict Coaching client - she said our service was "Excellent, Julie & Laura made me feel comfortable" they "worked well together and I got a lot out of the sessions".
Feedback on our Conflict Coaching service from a referrer - "The customer had been complaining for a number of years, and had become intolerant to noise. The coaching appears to have resolved the situation. Very pleased with the service" .
TRAINING DELEGATE FEEDBACK
Feedback from our May 2018 North West Mediation Network Event, on the workshop delivered by Prof. Liz Stokoe on Communication In High Stakes Conflict. Here is what people said:
- Really enjoyable, interactive session - lots of useful learning
- Food for thought about my practice in a number of ways - changed some of my pre-conceptions and assumptions
- Liz's workshops are always fascinating and I always learn from them
- Very informative - interesting and relevant to my work
- Practical and useful strategies to improve my own practice and to include in mediator refresher training
- I've waited a long time to be able to attend a Liz Stokoe workshop and it exceeded my expectations, taught me a bunch of useful things and fuelled me on to follow in similar steps
- Group exercises and role play
The practical activities, role play and examples given by the trainers
The interactive elements helped to explain things better
- Loved it all, perfect
- More opportunities to do role play
- I wouldn't, it was great
- I really enjoyed moving round in groups, I feel like I've met so many people who do the same subject but in different years, which is good
- Really great opportunity, informal and friendly
- Well delivered by enthusiastic trainers
District Council & High Peak Borough Council. We asked what they found most useful, here is what they told us:
- All of it - really helpful to put yourself in complainants shoes to enable better approach
- Role play and dealing with everyday situations
- Validate, summarise, empathise, listen
- Doesn't need improving - training was excellent
- Nothing, really good day
- Training was delivered in a relaxed way - and we enjoyed it - thanks
- Really enjoyable - thanks!
- Enjoyed the course
- As an additional tool in the mediation process especially when one party is unwilling to engaged
Clarification of similarities but the key differences between this approach and mediation - so that I understood what to focus on / do differently
Examples you gave of questions you had asked in real life situations and very good handouts
- If there was time, watching a demonstration of the visits would have been very useful / informative
More on goal setting if this was a longer day, but balance was right for the available time
It was excellent as it was. Your style and rapport with each other and the group was brilliant
- Thank you for an excellent session - coping really well with a large group of experienced / skilled people and balancing people's contributions whilst still getting over the learning points and keeping on track with timings. Fab!
- I am looking forward to putting these skills into practice
- Lovely environment created by two excellent trainers
- Learning various forms of questioning & the chance to practice, role plays & group work. All new skills that can be widely used.
- The variety of questions suggested & the different approaches. The pace & enthusiasm of the trainers & knowledge.
- Coaching techniques that are effective in conflict situations. Reflective listening & task setting.
We also asked how we could improve the workshop & here is what the delegates said:
- Not sure it was very comprehensive, possibly over 2 days?
- I think there is so much good & useful information that a few more hours of training (1 1/2 days) would be good
We then asked for any further comments & this is what they said:
- Fantastic course, great course leaders & lovely group to work with. Learnt a lot from how other people work. Lovely venue
- I've found the whole day very useful & I feel that I'll be able to approach a current case with more interest & confidence!
- Really good & useful training. Well organised & run
Feedback from our December 2017 Managing Difficult Telephone Conversations Well workshop. We asked delegates what they found most useful, here is what they said:
- Workbook enabled me to be more engaged as could refer to it rather than make my own notes
- How to understand the caller and be more of an active listener
- The idea of reflecting more on my past experiences to better prepare me for future conflict
- Active participation
We also asked them what they would be putting into practice at work:
- Summarising, essential to providing understanding
- Just better awareness of conversation structures and thinking about these in more detail
- Many, however defusing strategies will certainly support me in my role
We asked for any further comments:
- Will recommend is offered to others in organisation
- Enjoyable - Laura and Julie were very good
Feedback from our October 2017 Mediation Refresher Workshop, when asked what they found most useful the mediators said:
- Discussions, learning from what others say and questions they raise. New ideas and ways of thinking about the process
- Self reflection tools, shared experience, overcoming barriers or blockers
- Self are aspects and the role plays - they really help to practice my skill set
We asked for any further comments and they told us:
- Was great, lovely trainers!
- Two great facilitators, both had great rapport
- Really enjoyed the day and really professionally delivered
Your feedback enables us to improve the service we offer by helping us to identify areas for improvement and better ways of working. We would love to hear about your experience of using our service, what we did well and what didn't work so well for you.
Solution Talk recognises there may be times when people wish to raise a concern more formally and make a complaint about the service they have received. For more information regarding how we handle complaints please contact us for a copy of our complaints procedure or click here to follow a link to an online version.