MEDIATION CLIENT FEEDBACK
Feedback from a neighbour following closure of the case - "Thank you for your time and understanding. We hope that this has been resolved and we look forward to living our lives in peace"
Feedback from a Local Authority following closure of a mediation referral - "It is really positive that such a comprehensive agreement has been reached, especially for such a longstanding dispute. The agreement contains a lot of the things that both parties were telling me were issues for them, so I am hopeful it will make a real difference"
Feedback from a neighbour who took part in a Community Conference - " Thank you for your time and effort last night. I feel a lot better for it, how things will go from now on we'll wait and see"
Feedback from a Housing Officer following closure of case - "Thank you for your excellent service again”. They also said “the way in which you update at each contact with either party” worked well for them & our service was “very thorough”.
Feedback from a participant in a Restorative Justice case - "Great service, lovely people to talk to". When asked about the service they received they gave us a 5/5 and said they would recommend our service to others in similar situations.
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Officer received following the closure of a long standing neighbour dispute - “this is great news .. you have done a remarkable job with yet another entrenched case .. thank you for all your great work & keeping me fully updated through out”
Feedback from a neighbour who took part in a community mediation joint meeting, they told us that the situation now is “Excellent, no noise, a huge improvement! thanks”
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Officer following a mutli party referral requiring two separate mediation joint meetings between the neighbours involved - “Great they have reached an agreement, thank you so much for all the hard work you've put in” and “Thank you so much for dealing so swiftly & a great resolution to a tricky couple of cases, you have worked your magic & I can't thank you ladies enough”
Feedback from a parent in a SENDs mediation case we worked on recently - "A very big thank you Julie and Laura for today.
We are really pleased with the outcome"
Feedback from a Senior Housing Officer. We asked them what worked well, they said "promptness of your contact". We also asked them if they would use us again and recommend us, they said "Yes" and that they rated our service 5/5
Feedback from a Compliance Officer, working in a Local Authority, following closure of a noise nuisance case. We asked them what worked well - "I was particularly impressed with how I was kept up to date at all times. This was really helpful in quite a sensitive matter". We also asked them what we could do to improve our service - "Northing, I thought it was excellent" - and for any other comments - " .. thank you for helping me find a way through quite a challenging matter"
Feedback from a Local Authority Anti Social Behaviour Officer following closure of a neighbour dispute referral. We asked them what worked well - "Communication and updates, and a positive outcome" and for any other comments "Excellent work – well done!
Feedback from a Community Safety Officer regarding our service - "The service was fast, responsive and hopefully provided a long lasting solution to a problem that has been difficult to resolve"
Feedback from a neighbour following a shuttle mediation meeting - "you did a very professional job, you let me talk and state my case ... thank you both for respecting my voice and giving me time to explain. You listened in a very professional way"
Feedback from neighbour who took part in a mediation - the mediators "..... put me at ease straight away as I was very nervous. They were empathetic and understanding. Couldn't have wished for a better service. Thank you so much"
Feedback from a housing association - on following up the case 6 months after closure we asked if there had been any further contact / complaints from the neighbours. The answer was NO. They also went on to say "Excellent result. All seems to have calmed down and no further issues reported"
CONFLICT COACHING CLIENT FEEDBACK
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Officer following closure of a case for group coaching support for a family - " I was delighted with the service, the feedback from the family was very positive and they commented on your kindness and empathy towards them".
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Officer when we followed up 6 months after the case closed - "I've not had any further contact from xx - the fact that she hasn't been in touch again shows that the situation has improved".
Feedback from a client following closure of her case - "I'm very grateful for the support I have received from Julie which has been much appreciated"
Feedback on our service from a client - "My visits from Solution Talk did me the world of good. The ladies really helped me through my bad times".
Feedback from a Housing Officer who referred a tenant for conflict coaching - "Having an impartial party liaising with the tenant which helped them to look at the situation in a different way which in turn helped them respond differently".
Feedback on our service from a client - "Thank you so much for your time and efforts. Thank you for making me finally believe that myself and family are not nightmare neighbours". And from the referring officer - "Very happy that you were able to improve how the party felt about the situation. A big THANK YOU".
Feedback from a Conflict Coaching client - she said our service was "Excellent, Julie & Laura made me feel comfortable" they "worked well together and I got a lot out of the sessions".
Feedback on our Conflict Coaching service from a referrer - "The customer had been complaining for a number of years, and had become intolerant to noise. The coaching appears to have resolved the situation. Very pleased with the service" .
TRAINING DELEGATE FEEDBACK
Feedback from the June 2018 Midlands Mediation Network Event, about the interactive workshop and facilitated group supervision session we ran. Here is what people said:
- interactive, interesting, competent and engaging trainers
- excellent way of encouraging self reflection and participation within the group, everyone got heard - thought provoking and well presented and facilitated - thank you both
- really good, informative and thought provoking - thanks to Julie and Laura
- enjoyed all of the day, especially useful the supervision
- Really enjoyable, interactive session - lots of useful learning
- Food for thought about my practice in a number of ways - changed some of my pre-conceptions and assumptions
- Liz's workshops are always fascinating and I always learn from them
- Very informative - interesting and relevant to my work
- Practical and useful strategies to improve my own practice and to include in mediator refresher training
- I've waited a long time to be able to attend a Liz Stokoe workshop and it exceeded my expectations, taught me a bunch of useful things and fuelled me on to follow in similar steps
- Group exercises and role play
The practical activities, role play and examples given by the trainers
The interactive elements helped to explain things better
- Loved it all, perfect
- More opportunities to do role play
- I wouldn't, it was great
- I really enjoyed moving round in groups, I feel like I've met so many people who do the same subject but in different years, which is good
- Really great opportunity, informal and friendly
- Well delivered by enthusiastic trainers
District Council & High Peak Borough Council. We asked what they found most useful, here is what they told us:
- All of it - really helpful to put yourself in complainants shoes to enable better approach
- Role play and dealing with everyday situations
- Validate, summarise, empathise, listen
- Doesn't need improving - training was excellent
- Nothing, really good day
- Training was delivered in a relaxed way - and we enjoyed it - thanks
- Really enjoyable - thanks!
- Enjoyed the course
- As an additional tool in the mediation process especially when one party is unwilling to engaged
Clarification of similarities but the key differences between this approach and mediation - so that I understood what to focus on / do differently
Examples you gave of questions you had asked in real life situations and very good handouts
- If there was time, watching a demonstration of the visits would have been very useful / informative
More on goal setting if this was a longer day, but balance was right for the available time
It was excellent as it was. Your style and rapport with each other and the group was brilliant
- Thank you for an excellent session - coping really well with a large group of experienced / skilled people and balancing people's contributions whilst still getting over the learning points and keeping on track with timings. Fab!
- I am looking forward to putting these skills into practice
- Lovely environment created by two excellent trainers
Feedback from our December 2017 Managing Difficult Telephone Conversations Well workshop. We asked delegates what they found most useful, here is what they said:
- Workbook enabled me to be more engaged as could refer to it rather than make my own notes
- How to understand the caller and be more of an active listener
- The idea of reflecting more on my past experiences to better prepare me for future conflict
- Active participation
We also asked them what they would be putting into practice at work:
- Summarising, essential to providing understanding
- Just better awareness of conversation structures and thinking about these in more detail
- Many, however defusing strategies will certainly support me in my role
We asked for any further comments:
- Will recommend is offered to others in organisation
- Enjoyable - Laura and Julie were very good
Feedback from our October 2017 Mediation Refresher Workshop, when asked what they found most useful the mediators said:
- Discussions, learning from what others say and questions they raise. New ideas and ways of thinking about the process
- Self reflection tools, shared experience, overcoming barriers or blockers
- Self are aspects and the role plays - they really help to practice my skill set
We asked for any further comments and they told us:
- Was great, lovely trainers!
- Two great facilitators, both had great rapport
- Really enjoyed the day and really professionally delivered
Your feedback enables us to improve the service we offer by helping us to identify areas for improvement and better ways of working. We would love to hear about your experience of using our service, what we did well and what didn't work so well for you.
Solution Talk recognises there may be times when people wish to raise a concern more formally and make a complaint about the service they have received. For more information regarding how we handle complaints please contact us for a copy of our complaints procedure or click here to follow a link to an online version.