TRAINING DELEGATE FEEDBACK
Feedback from our December 2019 Mediation Taster Workshop for Liverpool University Law Students. We asked they enjoyed most about the training, they said:
- Interactive, engaging, well delivered
- Could apply knowledge immediately in the interactive activities
- Informative, flowed well. Range of different activities
- How interactive it was and the enthusiasm of the trainers
- Kept interesting and fun. Mix of type of activities
- I enjoyed how interactive the training was and also how challenging some of the tasks were
- Engaging, interesting and a really good insight into mediation
- Very informative & interactive. Role play element was really valuable and gave practical skills to supplement theory
Feedback from our October 2019 North West Mediation Network event, here is what people said they enjoyed:
- As always an insightful programme with contemporary issues and time for discussion and reflection. It is always invaluable to share practice with others from different mediation sectors. Thanks Jules and Laura.
- Interesting to meet people mediating in such a variety of contexts and to think about similarities and differences between different approaches.
- I didn't know how many different types of mediators would be present - it was great! It was fab, thank you.
- Really interesting discussions around confidentiality and how it is applied in different types of mediation. Good balance between skills, opportunities, broadening knowledge.
Feedback from our August 2019 Interpersonal Mediation Foundation Training course at Liverpool University, here is what the delegates told us:
- Everything about the training cannot be faulted, from the way information was being communicated to the intensity of the training to the mention but a few. My only recommendation would be that you keep up the good work! You were awesomazing!
- So informative, so interesting. Laura and Jules are so lovely and engaging. Thank you so much. Loved it!
- Training was delivered in an engaging way that kept us on our toes for the whole time. Trainers worked amazingly together in an effective way. Very friendly, nice atmosphere. Thank you for an amazing week.
- Feedback and interactive nature helped to put theory into practice and develop understanding. Thank you
Feedback from our April / May 2019 Interpersonal Mediation Foundation Training course in Manchester, here's what our newly trained mediators told us:
- Very informative and tailored to needs and environments of each person. Jules and Laura are inspirational. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Thank you
- The balance of support and challenge was excellent. Very knowledgeable trainers! Excellent - thank you so much, you're brilliant
- I really loved how informal and interactive the sessions were. It's quite nerve wracking doing role play but we were really put on ease from the beginning. The trainers were so knowledgeable and shared so much. A brilliant course and I will absolutely recommend Solution Talk as a trainer and a provider of services!
- Friendly, encouraging atmosphere. Lots of real life examples used so you can put it into practice. Lots of positivity! Fantastic teachers - you put us all at ease with your good humour and your knowledge was fantastic. Thanks ladies
- Brilliant! Very informative and engaging. The trainers energy is so infectious and encouraging. Thank you so much for the opportunity.
Feedback from our Managing, Understanding & Resolving Conflict workshop for Huddersfield University. We asked which aspects of the the training they found most useful, they said:
- Self awareness, communication & role plays
- All of it, the balance between presentation and interactive tasks was good
We also asked what skills they had learnt that they will use in the future and they told us:
- Terminology, better understanding of the role I play in terms of response / body language / tone
- I am already going to amend a draft appeal outcome letter on the basis of this training
MEDIATION CLIENT FEEDBACK
Feedback from a parent in a SENDs mediation case - "From my first initial telephone consultation with Julie, I felt at ease and had a much clearer view of the mediation process, she took the time to talk about my views, she took a keen interest about Oliver and his presenting needs, and for my family as a whole, how this situation has been for us all. During mediation the staff were so lovely and calm which made me feel so much better ... I couldn't have been happier with the outcome, and I do believe this wouldn't of happened without the Solution Talk team, I can't thank you enough"
Feedback from a referrer when we followed up on a closed neighbour mediation case - "We have not received any more complaints regarding the issues these both tenants had with each other. The issues have been resolved, and both are living in harmony with each other"
Feedback from a professional in a SENDs mediation case - "I felt the meeting was conducted in a professional , open and fair manner. I immediately felt comfortable and able to offer relevant information and answer questions"
Feedback from a referrer on a workplace mediation when we followed up on a closed case - "The mediation seems to have cleared the air and allowed both parties to reset their relationship .. the process has been a great success so far. Thank you for such a skilled service. Well worth the money".
Feedback from a Compliance & Enforcement Officer when we followed up on a closed tenant / landlord case - "The service has been useful ... due to both parties not being able to agree a remedy themselves. Thank you for providing a controlled professional service with a positive outcome for all parties"
Feedback from a parent in a SENDs mediation case - " I was really pleased with the prompt response to take our case and all the support and advice given to enable us to move forward quickly and efficiently . We were treated really well. The mediators were welcoming and friendly ... I fully recommend Solution Talk service to others in a similar situation.".
Feedback from a Tenancy Enforcement Officer when we follow up a closed multi-party mediation case - "The service you've provided was reliable, friendly, efficient and good value. Prior to bringing you in we were considering 3 or 4 injunctions, which would have cost £1500 - £5000 in legal fees to obtain depending on if they were contested. That is before we look at officer time in preparing these. I would have no hesitation in using you again or recommending you to partners"
Feedback from a professional in a SENDs mediation case - "Very positive and inclusive mediation . I liked that the Parent was supported to fully give their views and was put at ease and listened to"
Feedback from a Housing Officer following closure of a neighbour dispute mediation referral - "You are doing a brilliant job, and providing a brilliant service, keep it up" and when we asked them what worked well from their perspective they said "Your commitment to providing an efficient service. You always kept all parties updated, and dealt with this case promptly"
Feedback from both parties in a workplace mediation case - "Julie and Laura put us both very quickly at ease and created the right conditions for open dialogue to take place. Thank you" and "Laura and Julie were both lovely and understanding and immediately put me at ease to discuss what had been a very difficult situation, and helped me evaluate this from all sides and begin the process of moving on"
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Officer when we followed up on a closed case - "Once again, intervention by Solution Talk has resolved a longstanding neighbour nuisance dispute. I really appreciate all the great work carried out by Solution Talk, along with the enquiry 6 months down the line to see if the case is closed or open. It is evident that Solution Talk are keen to know whether matters have been resolved, which is greatly appreciated"
Feedback from a party in a tenant / landlord mediation case - "All I can say is excellent! I felt comfortable talking and opening up about my current situation. Something I thought that couldn't be resolved was with your help! Thank you for everything"
Feedback from a neighbour when following up on a closed case -
“It seems your intervention may have worked ... I can’t believe that after nearly 5 years, their petty & tiresome actions have come to an end ... thank you for all your help”
Feedback from a parent in a family relationship case about co-parenting - "The whole service and approach was professional from start to finish. I appreciated the initial talk at my home with the mediators and they understood my reasons why I required the service. I thought it (the service) was professional and impartial ... (the mediators were) very kind, considerate and understanding"
Feedback from a neighbour who took part in a Community Conference - " Thank you for your time and effort last night. I feel a lot better for it, how things will go from now on we'll wait and see"
CONFLICT COACHING CLIENT FEEDBACK
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Case Officer on a closed coaching referral " Great service, professional as always and the regular updates on referrals are always appreciated"
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Case Officer when we followed up on a closed coaching referral "Your service that you provide is great, from start to finish. You always pick up cases quickly and keep me fully informed of every stage which is great as I don't need to chase for updates. I am always confident that cases I refer to you are in safe hands"
Feedback from an Anti Social Behaviour Case Officer when we followed up on a closed coaching referral - "Always more than happy with the service provided by Solution Talk. I am kept fully informed from the moment I have made the referral to the conclusion. Thank you Solution Talk, you make my job easier as I don't need to chase for updates"
Feedback from a client following closure of the case - "The service provided by Julie and Gill was great. They were very helpful, supportive and showed great understanding and empathy to the situation I was in. The sessions were positive and they had practical support to give to help with the situation"
Feedback from an ASB Officer
when we followed up 6 months after the case closed - "Excellent service which has now eliminated the complaint and reduced demand on Manchester City Council, thank you!"
Feedback from client following closure of the case - they told us they were "impressed with the speed in which I could talk to you" and that they felt their situation had improved and would recommend our service to others who found themselves in a similar situation.
Feedback from a client following closure of her case - "I'm very grateful for the support I have received from Julie which has been much appreciated"
Your feedback enables us to improve the service we offer by helping us to identify areas for improvement and better ways of working. We would love to hear about your experience of using our service, what we did well and what didn't work so well for you.
Solution Talk recognises there may be times when people wish to raise a concern more formally and make a complaint about the service they have received. For more information regarding how we handle complaints please contact us for a copy of our complaints procedure or click here to follow a link to an online version.