Do you recognise any of these case management challenges in your role:
- Spending a lot of time dealing with low level ASB cases, which means that you can’t support more vulnerable/high-risk victims as quickly or effectively as you would like?
- Cases that don’t progress, have been open a long time, or are caught in a cycle of being opened and then closed without real resolution?
- Cases where there are complaints and counter complaints – tit for tat disputes – and it’s difficult to understand who is at fault and the best course of action?
- Trouble getting people to agree to take part in mediation?
- Knowing what types of issues are suitable for mediation and conflict coaching?
- Needing to save yourself time, money and resources?
If you’ve answered YES to the above questions, and have got an hour to spare, then come along to our virtual training session and learn more about how mediation and conflict coaching can help support you in developing more cohesive communities and building resilience, reducing the impact on your time and resources as well as picking up a few hints and tips to help you get your residents to take up your offer of mediation.
Details of our next session is outlined below:
Date – 9 November 2022
Time – 9.30am to 10.30am
Location – Zoom Online
To book your free place on our training session then email us – firstname.lastname@example.org