MEDIATION PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE SUPERVISION
Professional mediation practice supervision is essential for anyone working in a professional capacity as a mediator, giving you the opportunity to offload and debrief when your work has impacted on you; either in a group or one to one session.
Typically our group meetings enable you to learn from each other, discuss your cases, consider a range of approaches and share your concerns, questions and successes with other professionals.
One to one sessions encourage reflection and discussion on best practice.
All supervision takes place in a confidential and safe environment and our supervisors are accredited annually by the College of Mediators.
What we charge
- One to one supervision (1 hour) - £50 per session
- Group supervision for up to 6 people (1 1/2 hours) - £200 per session
- Group case discussion for between 7 - 14 people (2 hours) - £250 per session
What you need to do
- Arrange a suitable meeting place / room and refreshments
- Provide a purchase order number or name of person who has authorised payment
- Arrange an interpreter if required
- Advise us if there are any particular issues / topics you would like us to cover
What Solution Talk will do
- Arrange a mutually agreeable date / time when supervision can take place
- Agree a price with you prior to any supervision meetings taking place
To discuss your requirements or for more information please contact us using the details below.
Feedback from an experienced mediator on their supervision session about what they found helpful - “Your reminder of the purpose of supervision and your role; to challenge, encourage exploration and support. And then following this through, I appreciated your empathy and support (helping me to remember what I had done well) in equal measure with encouraging reflection and analysis, including challenging me to think of anything else I could have done or will do differently. I find you to be really encouraging as well as trusting that you will ensure I am really honest with myself on elements on which I could improve or consider"
NORTH WEST MEDIATION NETWORK
- To be a centre of excellence for skilled professional mediators in the North of England
- And to raise awareness and provide a responsive, sustainable and accessible service for all
- To work collaboratively and share best work practices
- To provide group and peer supervision
- Be a regional voice to promote the profession, ensure mediators are seen as professional and lobby for service standards
- To provide quality training
- Be a forum for mediators and mediation services
- Value each others time and be committed to the network
- Be inclusive
- Self development
- Solution focused and constructive
- Forward thinking
- Mutual respect
2021 NETWORK EVENTS
Hosted & Supported by Shoosmiths, Manchester for in person events23 February 2021 - free online event
- "An Introduction To Unconscious Bias" - information session facilitated by Chris Breedon, Prospero Professional Solutions
- "Dementia Awareness" - information session, facilitated by John Holland (https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk)
- "Mediation, Restorative Justice, Mentoring & Using our Skills to Transform Chaos into Cohesion" - a talk by Anthony Glaister FCIArb (http://www.anthonyglaister.co.uk/
Dates for 2021 - network events - 23 February / 16 June / 21 October - more details to follow
The Midlands Mediation Network is an inclusive group of people interested in working together to raise the profile of mediation as a positive means of resolving conflict. The network will act to ensure the effective development and sharing of information and good practice within all aspects of mediation.
- 21 April 2021 - Virtual Networking Event - a free network event - more details to follow
- 29 September 2021 -
Virtual Networking Event - a free network event - more details to follow
For more information and to book your place email email@example.com or check out the website.
NORTH EAST MEDIATION NETWORK
2021 NETWORK EVENTS - watch this space, more details to follow as soon as they become available
COLLEGE OF MEDIATORS
The College of Mediators is a membership body for mediators working in all areas of practice, family, workplace, community, intergenerational, commercial, restorative practice and more.
The College is an independent standards setting organisation which approves mediation training providers.
- To Be Confirmed - 2020 - Annual Conference, Birmingham - cancelled due to COVID19