MEDIATION PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE SUPERVISION
Professional mediation practice supervision is essential for anyone working in a professional capacity as a mediator, giving you the opportunity to offload and debrief when your work has impacted on you; either in a group or one to one session.
Typically our group meetings enable you to learn from each other, discuss your cases, consider a range of approaches and share your concerns, questions and successes with other professionals.
One to one sessions encourage reflection and discussion on best practice.
All supervision takes place in a confidential and safe environment and our supervisors are accredited annually by the College of Mediators.
What we charge
- One to one supervision (1 hour) - £50 per session
- Group supervision for up to 4 people (1 1/2 hours) - £150 per session
- Group supervision for between 5 - 14 people (2 hours) - £250 per session
What you need to do
- Arrange a suitable meeting place / room and refreshments
- Provide a purchase order number or name of person who has authorised payment
- Arrange an interpreter if required
- Advise us if there are any particular issues / topics you would like us to cover
What Solution Talk will do
- Arrange a mutually agreeable date / time when supervision can take place
- Agree a price with you prior to any supervision meetings taking place
To discuss your requirements or for more information please contact us using the details below.
NORTH WEST MEDIATION NETWORK
- To be a centre of excellence for skilled professional mediators in the North of England
- And to raise awareness and provide a responsive, sustainable and accessible service for all
- To work collaboratively and share best work practices
- To provide group and peer supervision
- Be a regional voice to promote the profession, ensure mediators are seen as professional and lobby for service standards
- To provide quality training
- Be a forum for mediators and mediation services
- Value each others time and be committed to the network
- Be inclusive
- Self development
- Solution focused and constructive
- Forward thinking
- Mutual respect
2019 / 2020 NETWORK EVENTS
Hosted & Supported by Shoosmiths, Manchester
- 19 February 2020 - "Engaging Young People in Mediation - a facilitated workshop by Catherine Skelton, Bolton Mediation, followed by "Meeting Guidelines - A Tool For Amateur Mediators?" - a facilitated workshop by Solution Talk - https://www.solutiontalk.co.uk/ and concluding with an Interactive Workshop (details to be confirmed) - by Ann Snagg & Mike Waite, Peace Foundation - https://www.peace-foundation.org.uk/
Dates for 2020 - 19 February, 11 June and 13 October
The Midlands Mediation Network is an inclusive group of people interested in working together to raise the profile of mediation as a positive means of resolving conflict. The network will act to ensure the effective development and sharing of information and good practice within all aspects of mediation.
- 17 March 2020 - AGM and Network Event - agenda to be finalised
Dates for 2020 - 17 March, 25 June, November date to be confirmed
For more information and to book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the website.
NORTH EAST MEDIATION NETWORK
2020 NETWORK EVENTS
Hosted & Supported by Ward Hadaway, Newcastle
- 31 March 2020 - agenda to be finalised
TO BOOK AND FOR MORE INFORMATION - details to follow shortly
COLLEGE OF MEDIATORS
The College of Mediators is a membership body for mediators working in all areas of practice, family, workplace, community, intergenerational, commercial, restorative practice and more.
The College is an independent standards setting organisation which approves mediation training providers.
- 19 & 20 June 2020 - Annual Conference, Birmingham
NATIONAL MEDIATION AWARDS
The National Mediation Awards 2020 will take hosted by Shoosmiths LLP in Manchester on on 23 September 2020. This will be a lunchtime event, with more details to follow.
The Civil Mediation Council and the College of Mediators are collaborating together to present this high profile and prestigious all-mediation event. As membership organisations for mediators from all sectors, both are committed to setting and maintaining professional standards for mediators, increasing awareness of mediation. Both welcome the opportunity presented by The National Mediation Awards to:
- Raise the profile of mediation and mediators
- Demonstrate collaboration between mediation organisations to promote and develop the field of mediation
- Highlight excellent mediation practice and the credibility of the mediation profession.