Solution Talk | Supporting Mediators
MEDIATION PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE SUPERVISION
Professional mediation practice supervision is essential for anyone working in a professional capacity as a mediator, giving you the opportunity to offload and debrief when your work has impacted on you; either in a group or one to one session.
Typically our group meetings enable you to learn from each other, discuss your cases, consider a range of approaches and share your concerns, questions and successes with other professionals.
One to one sessions encourage reflection and discussion on best practice.
All supervision takes place in a confidential and safe environment and our supervisors are accredited annually by the College of Mediators.
2022 Mediator Workshops and Group Supervision Sessions
Solution Talk delivers regular CPD top up training and College of Mediators approved supervision sessions to mediators – please see details of our next event below. Our 2022 programme is detailed below:
- 17 March 2022 – Group Supervision / Case Discussion – 12.30pm to 2pm
- 7 & 8 April 2022 – Conflict Coaching Workshop – 9.30am to 12.30pm (both days)
- 15 June 2022 – Group Supervision / Case Discussion – 4pm to 5.30pm
- 2 September 2022 – Group Supervision / Case Discussion – 9.30am to 11am
- 30 November & 1 December 2022 – Conflict Coaching Workshop – 9.30am to 12.30pm (both days)
- 7 December 2022 – Group Supervision / Case Discussion – 5.30pm to 7pm
For more information, prices or to book a place at one of our mediator workshops and / or group supervision sessions then contact us
- To be a centre of excellence for skilled professional mediators in the North of England
- And to raise awareness and provide a responsive, sustainable and accessible service for all
- To work collaboratively and share best work practices
- To provide group and peer supervision
- Be a regional voice to promote the profession, ensure mediators are seen as professional and lobby for service standards
- To provide quality training
- Be a forum for mediators and mediation services
- Value each others time and be committed to the network
- Be inclusive
- Self development
- Solution focused and constructive
- Forward thinking
- Mutual respect
2022 NETWORK EVENTS
Hosted & Supported by Shoosmiths, Manchester for in person events
8 June 2022
- Engaging Vulnerable People in Mediation – interactive session delivered by Cat Woodall-Crook, Bolton Mediation
- How to involve lawyers in family mediation; a demonstration and discussion around the challenges and opportunities” delivered by Alison Bull, Mills & Reeve LLP
Dates for 2022 – network events – 24 February, 8 June, 20 October – more details to follow
2022 NETWORK EVENTS
- dates to be announced
The College of Mediators is a membership body for mediators working in all areas of practice, family, workplace, community, intergenerational, commercial, restorative practice and more.
The College is an independent standards setting organisation which approves mediation training providers.
SUPPORT & EVENTS FEEDBACK
Your reminder of the purpose of supervision and your role; to challenge, encourage exploration and support. And then following this through, I appreciated your empathy and support (helping me to remember what I had done well) in equal measure with encouraging reflection and analysis, including challenging me to think of anything else I could have done or will do differently. I find you to be really encouraging as well as trusting that you will ensure I am really honest with myself on elements on which I could improve or consider"Feedback from an experienced mediator on their supervision session about what they found helpful