Solution Talk | Supporting Mediators
MEDIATION PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE SUPERVISION
Professional mediation practice supervision is essential for anyone working in a professional capacity as a mediator, giving you the opportunity to offload and debrief when your work has impacted on you; either in a group or one to one session.
Typically our group meetings enable you to learn from each other, discuss your cases, consider a range of approaches and share your concerns, questions and successes with other professionals.
One to one sessions encourage reflection and discussion on best practice.
All supervision takes place in a confidential and safe environment and our supervisors are accredited annually by the College of Mediators.
What we charge
- One to one supervision (1 hour) – £50 per session
- Group supervision for up to 6 people (1 1/2 hours) – £200 per session
- Group case discussion for between 7 – 14 people (2 hours) – £250 per session
What you need to do
- Arrange a suitable meeting place / room and refreshments
- Provide a purchase order number or name of person who has authorised payment
- Arrange an interpreter if required
- Advise us if there are any particular issues / topics you would like us to cover
What Solution Talk will do
- Arrange a mutually agreeable date / time when supervision can take place
- Agree a price with you prior to any supervision meetings taking place
To discuss your requirements or for more information please contact us using the details below.
2021 Mediator Workshops and Group Supervision Sessions
Solution Talk delivers regular CPD top up training and College of Mediators approved supervision sessions to mediators – please see details of our next event below.
24 June 2021
Location – Zoom Online
- 2.30pm – Workshop “Power Imbalances in Mediation”
- 4.15pm – Virtual Break
- 4.30pm – Group Supervision
Dates for 2021 – 10 March / 24 June / 15 September / 16 December – more details to follow
For more information, prices or to book a place at one of our mediator workshops and / or group supervision sessions then contact us
- To be a centre of excellence for skilled professional mediators in the North of England
- And to raise awareness and provide a responsive, sustainable and accessible service for all
- To work collaboratively and share best work practices
- To provide group and peer supervision
- Be a regional voice to promote the profession, ensure mediators are seen as professional and lobby for service standards
- To provide quality training
- Be a forum for mediators and mediation services
- Value each others time and be committed to the network
- Be inclusive
- Self development
- Solution focused and constructive
- Forward thinking
- Mutual respect
2021 NETWORK EVENTS
Hosted & Supported by Shoosmiths, Manchester for in person events
16 June 2021 – free online event
- “Mediation Pilot Shcemes Updates” – information session facilitated by Helen Curtis, Garden Court Chambers
- “Shared Learning – Mediation Pilot Schemes” – facilitated group discussion by Solution Talk and Helen Curtis
- “Leadership and Conflict” – Neil M Bennett, Leadership Educator, Coach & Consultant – https://www.leadershipeye.co.uk/
Dates for 2021 – network events – 23 February / 16 June / 21 October – more details to follow
The Midlands Mediation Network is an inclusive group of people interested in working together to raise the profile of mediation as a positive means of resolving conflict. The network will act to ensure the effective development and sharing of information and good practice within all aspects of mediation.
- 21 April 2021 – Virtual Networking Event – “Charge, Discharge and Recharge” – a facilitated workshop focusing on mediator well-being
- 29 September 2021 – Virtual Networking Event – a free network event – more details to follow
For more information and to book your place email email@example.com or check out the website.
2021 NETWORK EVENTS
- Thursday, 16 September 2021 – virtual event – agenda and booking information to follow shortly.
The College of Mediators is a membership body for mediators working in all areas of practice, family, workplace, community, intergenerational, commercial, restorative practice and more.
The College is an independent standards setting organisation which approves mediation training providers.
- To Be Confirmed – 2020 – Annual Conference, Birmingham – cancelled due to COVID19
SUPPORT & EVENTS FEEDBACK
Your reminder of the purpose of supervision and your role; to challenge, encourage exploration and support. And then following this through, I appreciated your empathy and support (helping me to remember what I had done well) in equal measure with encouraging reflection and analysis, including challenging me to think of anything else I could have done or will do differently. I find you to be really encouraging as well as trusting that you will ensure I am really honest with myself on elements on which I could improve or consider"Feedback from an experienced mediator on their supervision session about what they found helpful